Originally known as Finkle Street as far back as 1776, this thoroughfare had a brief flirtation with the name of George Street in the 1820s before settling on the name ‘Regent Street’ by 1830. Pocklington Canal’s controversial first lock keeper, Mark Swann (served 1818-1850) owned a row of houses here.
The right-hand side of the street has, for the most part, been completely re-built.
That’s the end of the trail! Why not visit the Pocela Centre to find out more about the the town? Go straight on down Regent Street and left at the junction. The Pocela Centre is straight ahead at the mini roundabout.