The Sands Of Time

This archive image was taken around 1912, and shows the Central Promenade (opened in 1910).  It was built to link the Pier Head Towers with local resident Cheverton Brown’s private promenade further north, denoted by the bandstand in the distance.

Coastal erosion has forced sea defences to become a dominant feature of this view, and the bandstand has long since disappeared.