The Crescent (1913)

The Crescent and Marlborough Terrace were built around 1870 by G. W. Travis and show the ambitions of Victorian Bridlington. The local board (council) had bought and cleared this area following the construction of the sea wall.

According to one guide the buildings were in “a most salubrious position, having all the benefits of the health-giving sea-breezes for which the town is so justly noted”. They quickly became desirable holiday accommodation, a purpose that still remains today.