The Original Bandstand (1937)

One of the most spectacular of Sewerby Hall and Gardens’ lost buildings is the shell bandstand, complete with an attached pond.  Bridlington Corporation engaged Miss Monica Wilkins and her ladies band to perform during the summer at a cost of £28 per week. Sadly, during the war the condition of the bandstand deteriorated and the structure had to be demolished.