Skipton Library

Skipton Library opened in 1910 and has remained in the same location for over 100 years. The interesting thing about this photo is how little the view has changed since this photo was taken in the 1960s.

Slaters, the shop on the right, was an electrical retailers and only closed down in 2006, and was replaced by local firm Harry Garlick – another electrical retailer!