Archery (1950s)

Amongst the first attractions to be added to the Sewerby estate after it was brought into public ownership, were the .22 rifle and archery ranges. This photograph shows the archery range in the 1950s. There were dangers however, in 1952 a young man was accidently shot, and by 1958 the rifle range had been removed. The archery lasted a little longer but by the end of the 1960s that too had gone.